Saturday 14 March 2015

Photoshop Session - Anthropomorphic Character Design

In our last morning session we studied anthropomorphism. This is very similar to personification, in which a living creature or natural element is presented in a human form; with several recognisable physical traits such as a torso and limbs. We were then asked to create this in the form of a frog. Below is my quick reference image guide. I planned to include clothing but as we were limited to only the time in the session, I stuck with just the bare body.




Here is my final anthropomorphic character. I decided to make an accurate-ish construct of a male body crouching with a thoughtful posture. I mainly used toning references from the top left hand corner image (reference guide above) of a rainforest frog which has some amazing contrasts of colour on it. Overall, I really enjoyed mixing brushes around on thing like the eyes and hope to do something similar in the later.


No comments:

Post a Comment