Wednesday 4 March 2015

Life Drawing - Session 15, 16, 17 & 18

For our fifteenth life drawing session, we used a variety of mediums and could finally use colour! I mainly focused on drawing depth that stands out in things like the curvatures of the body. We first started off with quick four minute sketches, using charcoal and then moved onto longer quarter of an hour pieces. I decided to use an easel for this session, instead of on a table, as I wanted to get things in proportion; as it's quite difficult to balance an A2 piece of paper. For the colour piece, I used my Stablio coloured fine-liners. This was interesting to play around with and experiment with a cross-hatching effect.




In the sixteenth session, we explored form and shape of the model spending more time on each piece and really studying structure. We were then given the challenge of doing one minute sketches. At first I thought I was going to find it very strenuous, as I put a lot of detail in my work but I actually quite enjoyed the freedom and aimed at showing the most vivid shape 'paths' as seen in the bottom left hand corner of the image below. 




Our seventeenth session was pleasant; getting to use colour once more! We started off doing one minute swift sketches of the model and then changed onto coloured pens. I used a very fascinating black three-point pen which gave off the illusion as though I had made the same mark with a small distance in between. Furthermore, I used this as an advantage and created a cross-hatched piece. Towards the end I used a purple and pink pen, finding rough markings to shape the models position.




For our eighteenth life drawing session, we tried out negative lighting work by marking charcoal across the paper, creating a dark background and then using a rubber to erase out parts of the body which had the brightest tones. I enjoyed doing this again although we had less time on it then our last. In addition, we tried out the one minute quick sketches and I also brought my watercolours to have a go with blending contrasts.



No comments:

Post a Comment