Monday 3 November 2014

Visual Design - Monster Assignment

Our homework assignment for the forth week was simple really as it was Halloween...to create a monster! Below are my reference images taking inspiration once again from one of my favourite game trilogies, Dead Space. I also looked at the TV series The Walking Dead and the film The Mummy for human aspects that we are so used to seeing and then manipulating them to create our worst nightmares.




For my initial rough sketches I was very undecided on what to make the character look like visually. However, I knew the human element I was going to put in to make it scary was the face, as its something we instantly recognise. 




I decided to create my monster with extended features of the human body, as though a morphed parasitic life-form had taken over. I also stretched the jaw out, sunk the eyes in and changed the angle of the sockets to produce more of a horrific glare to the face. 




Finally I spent around around six hours creating my final outcome below. I enjoyed trying out using only six different colours to create the entire image. Furthermore to bring out the proportions and size relationship, I made 'MUNCH' stand out at about 3.5 meters in height.




No comments:

Post a Comment