Wednesday 19 November 2014

Life Drawing - Session 5, 6, 7 & 8

In our fifth life drawing session we began with the lengthy task of creating the composition of the figure behind a wooden border frame. I struggled several times on aligning the body with the wooden struts but managed to bring the angles in together with the vertical lines. We were then able to use pen to sketch and as this was something I practised alot in college before; so I enjoyed outlining the model more roughly.




In our sixth session we played around with form and tone on the male model. I used the charcoal more heavily and closer to the paper to get deeper lines and harsh shading. Towards the end of the session we had fifteen minutes to use a rubber on charcoal covered paper and find the negative lighting on the model. I really enjoyed this technique and hope to it try out in future sessions.




For the seventh session we got to use an ink and bush on paper. I had to do several attempts to get into using ink on thin paper again as I heavily used the ink before wetting the brush in water. At college I enjoyed, similar to the work above, finding the negative lighting on the model and using the ink only as the shade; I was quite happy with the outcome of the top right hand image below.




Our eighth session was more detailed focused and I really enjoyed finding the best composition of the model to put in the frame of work. We also got to work on sketching the face of the model for the first time. I found this easy as I have always enjoyed sketching the appearance and expression of the human visage.



No comments:

Post a Comment