Thursday 27 November 2014

Maya Modelling Assignment - Gas Pump

For our fourth and fifth weeks homework assignment we had to construct a Gas Pump following a tutorial on Lynda. Below are the three stages I went through in building the model; wire-frame positioning, surface elements and then the UV texture mapping. As this is in the form of a man made object, I had to carefully size the UV mapping to the right proportions. This is because the image texture will be metal and although that element can be stretched, you don't want the distortion of the resulting image.




Underneath, I have my UV map laid out in the UV Texture Editor. Although it may seem simple, I found the process of selecting certain elements very difficult. However, so long as the construction of the segments are correct and in the graph of what the texture will be put on, you do not have to display the Editor as neatly.



No comments:

Post a Comment