Thursday 5 February 2015

Photoshop Session - Pixel Art Tutorial

In our last session with Photoshop we created pixel art. Following a tutorial into how to accurately align the angles, we had to make a fire hydrant using only five colours of red and black. The image below is what I was able to make in the four hours we had (enlarged for full view). I created the Tardis from my imagination as well as attempting to construct Flappy Bird in a front viewpoint! One of my favourite games on the Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP was The Sims Bustin' Out which was in a pixel isometric perspective; I just had to make and include the player's character!




Underneath is the accurate dimensions of the singular pixels in their form. What I believed most fun when creating art like this, is how much detail you have to try and place with as few strokes as possible. I have really enjoyed experimenting with small colour use and hope to create some more art like this in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment