Monday 1 December 2014

Visual Design - Anatomy: Skeleton Assignment

Our homework assignment for the seventh session was to study the Human Anatomy. I enjoyed learning several new bones and joint names as I have always been interested in the structure of body's and know certain aspects; but not all the names we have given them.





I focused on looking at movement and how the joints functioned, as knowing the mechanics is very useful for both concept work and character animation. On my second page of study, I attempted the angles of the skull from memory; in the art dept. at college, we had an actual donated human skull for still life work!!! In addition, I looked heavily at the spine and the individual vertebra.




Below are two links to the references I used in my study. One is a great website on teaching you how the body works and its functions and the other is an artist book suggested by our lecturer:

http://goo.gl/6cJZBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment