Wednesday 3 December 2014

Life Drawing - Session 9 & 10

For our ninth life drawing session we started off with the usual quick sketch; 3 pose warm-up using charcoal. We then moved onto highlighting key tones around the features of the body like a Topographic Map; although I found this a bit tricky as its a 'live' model and so circled principal areas. We were then given the chance to work with ink and so I took the opportunity to practice some more with negative lighting, strength of strokes with the brush and intensity of the ink.




In our last session of the term for life drawing, we had a female model. We were given chalk to work with and blend in the contrasts with charcoals. I decided to pick out key features of the figure and explore angles of harsh shading and curves around the body. Unfortunately, I was unable to put depth around the face of the model (finishing in the touches of the whole body in frame, takes up most of the time we are given) which is something I would prefer to focus on next year. Overall I have really enjoyed Life Drawing as a part of the course and look forward to it in the new term.



No comments:

Post a Comment