Friday 8 January 2016

Photoshop Session - Interior & Character Concepts

As an icebreaker session, to see what are strengths and weaknesses were in digital painting, we were asked to create an interior and a character concept of our choice. For the two speed painting pieces, we were given around fifty or so minutes to complete them in our session time.




Here is my interior perspective I made look like a futuristic space station. I kept to basic grayscale colours for both pieces so that I could concentrate on the structure rather than how colourful I could make them. I also made sure to leave in the white guidelines I formed, so viewers can see the perspective dimensions.




Above is my pirate character I made in around fifty minutes. I though the original white canvas was too bright on the eye, so I added some background context in. I really enjoyed working at a faster pace to make these and will aim to keep improving on my time organisation skills for speed paintings in the future. 




Our lecturer also asked us to perhaps list our favourite artists and create an influence map. Above are a selection of digital artist's creations mainly from the community site DeviantArt; that are quite a big influence to me. In addition, I included the names of each artist at the bottom of the board image, if anyone wished to see more of their spectacular work.

No comments:

Post a Comment