Wednesday 15 October 2014

Visual Design - Creature Assignment


Below are my reference images and inspiration towards my final concept. From games like Alien: Isolation to films like Monsters, have been my central inspiration towards my tentacle creature.




Below are my rough sketches and quick development of my tentacle character. I was really resolute in picking my creature in the style of the Greek Medusa monster; replacing her famous 'snake like hair' with tentacles. Furthermore, I twisted along with the idea that my creature was some sort of criminal in a space prison wearing a (strait-jacket & helmet) spacesuit.




Here is my progress through my final piece for my tentacle creature concept. I began by going from simple coloured silhouettes to slowly layering tone from the face outwards to the tentacles and so on.




After some alterations and exploration of more values, I spent around twelve hours forming colours and the composition. Overall I am really happy with the piece, although I did not fully complete the painting, I will definitely finalise it at a later date (and upload it to the blog). I also named it JESSA; an acronym for 'Justice of Extraterritorial Selected Species Alliance'.




No comments:

Post a Comment